By: Johanna K. Pitcairn
To the average onlooker, the city of Los Angeles represents glitz, glamour, and the celebrity lifestyle. But to seventeen-year-old Julie Jones, the city is a vast host of problems she’s longing to get away from. The latest? An unfortunate disagreement with her ex-boyfriend Mark—one that could land her in some serious hot water. So rather than face the troubles that torment her, Julie decides to run away from her old life and start fresh somewhere new. But her parents aren’t on board with the plan, and she soon finds her bank accounts frozen and her wallet empty. With just seventy-five dollars and a full tank of gas, the troubled teen is far too stubborn to turn around and head home. So what’s a girl to do? What Julie doesn’t know is that her travels are about to take her somewhere unexpected—a place where she’ll be forced to come face to face with the ghosts of her past in order to secure her future. A tale of redemption, hope, and freedom lost and found, 32 Seconds is a thought-provoking exploration into the human spirit and the nature of forgiveness. –
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Johanna K. Pitcairn has dreamed of becoming a writer since childhood–authoring her first novel at the age of nine, and countless poems, stories, and screenplays by the age of seventeen. Later, rather than pursuing a career as a director and screenwriter, she decided to go to law school, driven by her father’s opinion that “writing does not pay the bills.”
Ten years later, she moved to New York City, which inspired her to go back to the excitement, wonder, and constant change of being a writer. Pitcairn is a huge fan of psychological-thriller novels and movies, and delves into her hopes, fears, friends, enemies, and everything in between in her own writing.
Random Fun Facts:
1) To trigger my inspiration, I binge on Netflix. I pick shows from any genre, and study the dialog and the plot. I also watch video game walkthroughs on YouTube. It’s a great help to develop my characters.
2) I can’t remember the last time I’ve had a bad case of writer’s block. Plotting helps eliminate that issue.
3) My biggest pet peeves: misspellings, grammatical errors, and inconsistent formatting.
4) Julie Jones has named her car “Bubble”, and when she swears, she says things like “shizzle”, “shizzle nizzle” or “crapola in a peanut butter jar”.
5) The original title for the first draft of the story, before it became 32 Seconds, was Death by Chocolate.
6) Julie Jones loves In&Out burgers, and strawberry milkshakes.
7) Julie is also a surfer. Her favorite beach is the one in Oceanside, CA.
8) I’m a cat lover. I have four cats, and they all distract me from writing by taking turns and lying on top of my laptop.
Contact the Author:
Website – http://themanicheans.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/themanicheans
Twitter – https://twitter.com/themanicheans
The Independent Author Network – http://www.independentauthornetwork.com/jk-pitcairn.html
– See more at: http://b00kr3vi3wtours.blogspot.in/#sthash.9XTomJsz.dpuf
*** This is my first time participating in a Book Tour Blog Hop, so if I have made any errors, they are mine alone and should not reflect on the author or the Book Tour hosts.